First4Pools: Hot Tubs, Spas, Steamrooms & Saunas
With prices starting at around £2,500 for a ex showroom model through to £20,000+ for top of the range luxury swim spas and hot tubs, wet leisure is big business.
The heat, buoyancy and massage elements of a hot tub can provide a number of health benefits. People with nagging aches or pains, stiff muscles, circulation problems, headaches, sleep disturbances and chronic medical conditions like diabetes, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia and arthritis may alleviate their symptoms and stimulate healing with hot tub therapy.
Hot tubs can relieve stress and improve sleep. The massaging jets and soothing heat help to reduce tension which may make it easier to fall asleep. The weightlessness effect produced by the buoyancy of the water can also be relaxing. Sitting in a hot tub raises body temperature, and the drop in body temperature that occurs after getting out of a hot tub may also induce sleep. Studies suggest that spending 15 minutes in a hot tub 90 minutes before bedtime can lead to an improved night's sleep.
Home spas are widely appreciated for their health benefits.
- Spas help relax tight or sore muscles after vigorous physical activities.
- Soaking in a spa or hot tub can reduce tension, which contributes to high blood pressure, heart disease, ulcers and other stress-related health problems.
- Spas are beneficial for some people suffering from arthritis, bursitis or other bone, joint or muscle ailments.
- Soaking in a spa helps increase blood flow through veins and arteries.
- Spas lend themselves to meditation techniques and relaxation exercises.
- Home spas and hot tubs are also considered an excellent alternative to a family swimming pool.
Spas can easily fit in a small garden, or in a corner of a property that is unused. Pools generally cost three or four times as much as a complete hot tub or spa, and spas use much less water and electricity.
Steamrooms & Saunas
Having a bath in either a sauna or a steam room allow you to break into a healthy sweat, but in completely different ways. A steam room is an enclosed space that has a number of heads that release steam into the room. A steam room is moist and has a near 100% humidity but a sauna room heat is totally dry. The temperature in a steam room is typically 120 degrees and a sauna can be hotter. A steam room uses a steam generator to produce the heat. The sauna is heated using a dry source such as coals. A traditional sauna has a humidity of 10 to 30 percent. A sauna can be any one of the two types, conventional saunas that warm the air and infrared saunas that warm objects. They use material like charcoal and active carbon fibers for the purpose of heating.
If you are interested in adding a hot tub, a spa, a steamroom or a sauna to your property then please get in contact with us.